The insurer will indemnify the assured’s liability resulting from personal injury or loss of life and loss of or damage to an object belonging to a third party in direct connection with the performance of the Project.
Cl. 4-16 shall apply similarly after the MOU has been launched, provided that the damage to or loss of the object concerned is attributable to collision or striking.
The insurer covers the assured’s liability for bunker oil pollution damage under the provisions of national legislation that are based on the provisions of the International Convention on Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution Damage, 2001 (the Bunkers Convention).
The insurer covers the assured’s liability for damage to the environment if the damage occurred in direct connection with the performance of the Project.
The insurer does not cover:
- liability for personal injury or loss of life of employees of the assured, contractors or sub-contractors,
- liability for loss of or damage to objects belonging to employees of the assured, contractors or sub-contractors,
- loss or liability which is insurable under the rules in Chapter 18, Sections 6-1, 6-2 and other clauses of 6-3,
- loss or liability covered by another insurance effected by the assured, its contractors or sub-contractors, and
- loss or liability which is exclusively based on a contract.
In the event of liability for personal injury, the insurer does not cover:
- loss recoverable through social benefits or benefits from pension schemes in connection with work or occupation,
- loss which is covered by insurance benefits required under a collective agreement and which is financed by the liable employer, and
- loss which is covered in accordance with applicable legislation relating to occupational injury insurance in the country where the relevant Project work site is located.