In addition to Cl. 2-8 the following shall apply:
The insurer does not cover loss resulting from:
- the object insured getting caught on the seabed, unless this is due to an unknown wreck or wreckage,
- defects in the object insured,
- the vessel, its accessories or equipment not being in a proper condition due to wear and tear, corrosion, rot, inadequate maintenance or similar causes,
- the object insured having been in contact with ice, or
- normal use of the object insured.
The assured has the burden of proving that the loss is not attributable to perils as set forth in (a) – (e).